The CJD Support Group Network (CJDSGN) is funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing to provide support for Australians whose lives are touched by CJD.
|DEDICATION||PURPOSE & STRUCTURE||HISTORY OF THE CJDSGN|
THE CJD SUPPORT GROUP NETWORK
- provides and maintains a network through which those at low risk of contracting CJD as a result of medical procedures, including recipients of human pituitary hormones (hPH), can interact with each other and provide mutual support, share information and discuss relevant issues and concerns.
- provides support for individuals with a genetic predisposition to CJD.
- provides assistance to families who are caring for or coming to terms with the loss of a loved one to CJD.
- can act as an advocate with appropriate health care professionals on behalf of people who have concerns or experience diffculties accessing medical treatments, including infection control issues.
CJDSGN would like to acknowledge funding provided by the Department of Health & Ageing.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
The CJD Support Group Network liaises closely with, and seeks advice from, the National and State health authorities and the Australian National CJD Registry.
The CJD Support Group can offer:
- support and advice;
- to liaise with health-care professionals as needed;
- assistance with infection control issues;
- to bring individuals and families together to share feelings with others who have experienced what they are going through.
The CJD Support Group also:
- distributes newsletters;
- conducts regular meetings for members;
- has toll free contact phone numbers available;
- maintains an informative website www.cjdsupport.com.au;
- fundraises for CJD research, advocacy, family support, education and awareness programs.
© Copyright CJD Support Group Pty Ltd 2005-2009