CJD Fun Run
$20.00 – $60.00
Come and join us on Sunday the 27th of October 2019 and take on the challenge.
Push yourself to achieve for the unimaginable. Why not set the CJD Fun Run as your personal goal for 2019 and get active for a great cause. Raising awareness for CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease) and fundraising for the CJD Support Group Network.
Event options include a 10km and 5km route. These options will utilise the Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail between Cockatoo and Emerald Lake Park. You can choose to run, jog or walk – there’s options available for everyone.
*Please see event details tab below for category timing information.
There is also a 2km kids only event for children aged 5 to 10 years only. This event will follow a track around Emerald Secondary College.
This is a family friendly event, we would like to encourage all ages and fitness levels to get involved.
You will be emailed a printable digital ticket, to bring on the day of the run.
Collect your pack on Race Day which will include your racing bib with a timing tag and any other items you have ordered.
Also available to purchase are on race day will be CJD Fun Run T-Shirts and Tanks and other CJD Awareness merchandise.
By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to the CJD Fun Run Terms & Conditions.
10km, 5km, 2km
Run, Jog, Walk, Kids Only (5-10 years)
Registrations/Bib Collection: 8am
Start time: 9am
Venue: Emerald Secondary College – 425 Belgrave-Gembrook Road, Emerald VIC 3782
Event category details (10km & 5km events only)
- Run – Under 60 minutes
- Jog – Between 60 – 90 minutes
- Walk – Between 90 – 120 minutes
- Run – Under 30 minutes
- Jog – Between 30 – 45 minutes
- Walk – Between 45 – 60 minutes
10km Route Map
5km Route Map
2km Kids Route
Prams – The 10km jog or walk is suitable for all terrain running prams with hand brakes only however the 5km jog and walk is suitable for most all terrain prams. Unfortunately we are unable to allow any prams in the 10km or 5km run event, as these are very fast paced events and therefore must ensure to avoid track congestion.
Wheelchairs – The 5km walk is suitable for assisted wheelchairs however please contact us for any other event suitability.
Click here for printable pdf of maps and information CJD Fun Run
Terms and Conditions
CJD Fun Run Terms & Conditions
In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of entry in the 2019 CJD Fun Run 10km Event, 5km Event or 2km Kids Only Event (collectively, the “Event”) on Sunday 27 October 2019 (the “Event Date”).You acknowledge and agree with the following (“You, Your or Yourself” meaning the applicant or participant):
Under 18 entries
- You must be between 5 and 10 years of age on the day of the Event to participate in the 2km kid’s event. You must be at least 7 years of age on the day of the Event to participate in the 5km event and You must be at least 13 years of age on of the Event to participate in the 10km Event.
- If You are under 18 years of age on the date of the Event, a parent or guardian must accept the Terms & Conditions. Where no consent is provided, You warrant that You are 18 years of age or older on the Event Date.
- At the Event, You agree to comply with all the rules and directions of officials. When participating in the Event, You also agree to follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by officials and/or police.
- You agree that You may not participate in the Event or arrange for support personnel with or using roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, dogs/animals or any non-traditional form of running shoe.
- The course crosses numerous roads throughout the route. You understand that care should always be taken when crossing roads & You must follow the instructions of the traffic marshals when crossing.
- CJD Fun Run is hosted by the CJD Support Group Network Pty Ltd. All entry fees will be directed towards the management and implementation of the Event. All profit from this Event will go directly to CJD Support Group Network Pty Ltd (Registered Charity and Not for profit) ABN 63 108 281 269.
- You understand that CJD Fun Run committee reserves the right to alter the course and/or Event format at any time prior to the start of the Event, this includes changing the distance of the course due to any unforeseen circumstances. Such alterations may be due to the direction of councils, police, roadworks or other organisations that are associated with the Event.
- You must be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Event.
- If You are unsure about your medical and physical fitness You must seek advice from a medical practitioner before attending the Event.
- Youmust not be a danger to Yourself or to the health and safety of other participants.
- CJD Fun Run committee reserves the right to refuse any application for entry into the Event for any reason.
- You must immediately notify CJD Fun Run committee in writing of any change to Your fitness and ability to participate in the Event. Where You do not provide any written notice to CJD Fun Run committee, CJD Fun Run committee will rely upon this as evidence of Your fitness and ability to participate in the
- In applying to participate in this Event, You consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Event organisers or their authorised representatives (including emergency services providers) consider reasonably necessary or desirable during or shortly after the Event. You must reimburse the Event organiser and/or their authorised representative for any costs or expenses incurred in association with providing You with medical treatment.
- You acknowledge that participation in the Event can be inherently dangerous and that You may be exposed to certain risks during the Event including, but not limited to, overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, serious accidents, and risks associated with the course and adverse weather conditions. These risks can and often eventuate and they may result in You being personally injured or killed or Your property being damaged, or the Event being cancelled. By entering into or participating in the Event,You agree that:
- You have read and understood the risks associated with participating in the Event and this warning, and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Event.
- You acknowledge and agree that the insurance policy which is in place for the Event may only provide limited cover to You whilst participating in the Event. You understand that this insurance may not cover You for injury, loss or damage sustained by You in participating in the Event and You acknowledge that CJD Fun Run committee does not make any representations about the suitability of the insurance. You also agree that You can, in Your own interests and at Your own expense, seek and obtain personal insurance for the Event.
- You are fully responsible for the security of Your personal possessions at the Event including other valuable items. You agree that CJD Fun Run committee is not responsible or liable for the repair or replacement of any personal possessions whether lost, damaged, stolen or otherwise.
- In connection with the Event, You agree not to mislead Event officials, obtain an advantage by deception or otherwise act dishonestly.
Cancellations / Transfers
- You acknowledge and agree that due to the nature of this Event and the element of chance in the prevailing conditions, that Your entry and participation in the Event may be affected by matters outside of the control of officials, including but not limited to the weather, safety and associated conditions. You accept that in such circumstances officials have the right to alter the format of, shorten, or cancel the Event in the interest of competitor safety. Officials will use all reasonable efforts to conduct the Event in the planned format if safe to do so. Should any reason outside the control of officials, including without limitation weather or other dangerous conditions, war, strike or any other act of god force any change, You accept that CJD Fun Run committee is not obliged to provide You with any refund, credit, transfer to another CJD Fun Run Event or to restage the Event.
- Entries are non-transferable to other Events. If you wish to switch into a different distance for the Event, you may do so free of charge before 4pm 14 days before the Event Date. No transfers will be granted within 14 days of the Event Date.
- Any attempt to transfer Your entry to another person without the knowledge of CJD Fun Run committee may result in the cancellation of Your entry without refund and You may be prohibited from participating in other CJD Fun Run committee Events.
- You must not offer Your (or any other persons) entry for sale through any medium, including auctions (on eBay or any other auctioning or similar means). All individuals involved in such conduct will be disqualified from the Event.
- You acknowledge that the entry fee is not refundable. You understand that if You do not wish to participate in the Event, You must notify CJD Fun Run committee in writing, and You agree You will not transfer Your race bib and/or timing chip device to any third party.
- You understand and acknowledge that an electronic timing chip device (that shall be attached to the rear of the race bib) will be used for timing You in the Event and this will entail the issuing and wearing of the race bib and the timing chip device (on the chest area) by Yourself at all times during the Event. You understand that the timing chip device is attached to the rear of the race bib and if it is tampered with, such as it being removed or pulled out, the timing chip device may not function correctly or work at all.
- You acknowledge that the information that You provide with this application is necessary to the conduct the Event. You acknowledge and agree that the information provided will be used by CJD Fun Run committee to facilitate the administration of the Event and for future marketing and promotional purposes relating to CJD Fun Run committee Events. CJD Fun Run committee may disclose your personal information to third parties involved in the Event, including but not limited to Cardinia Shire Council.
- You understand that You will be able to access Your information through CJD Fun Run committee via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You warrant that the information You provide in Your application is correct. If You provide incorrect information, officials may disqualify You from the Event and You may be ineligible to participate in future CJD Fun Run Events.
- You consent to the organisers using Your name, image, likeness, voice, statement and also Your performance in the Event(including the publication of Your name and/or Event result, suburb and applicable age bracket), at any time, to promote the Event or any future similar Events by any form of media.
- You consent to receiving electronic emails from the Event organisers or their authorised representatives prior to and after the Event. Unless You have nominated otherwise, You acknowledge and agree that Your information may also be used for marketing purposes by a third party or Event sponsor.
- You grant CJD Fun Run committee, the contractors and suppliers engaged by CJD Fun Run committee in connection with the Event a royalty free right for use in perpetuity, to use and allow the use of my name, image, voice, likeness, photograph, interview and statement in broadcasts, telecasts, webcasts, media press materials, promotional materials and otherwise in connection with the Event. You acknowledge that the official Event results list, published publicly, will display my name, corresponding Event number and finish time.
- CJD Fun Run committee takes no responsibility for any third party advertisements, links or publications which are posted on this website or elsewhere, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers.
Terms & Conditions
- You acknowledge that these terms and conditions may change from time to time at the discretion of CJD Fun Run committee and without notice to You.
- Mail out of Event race bibs will progressively begin from early September and may take approximately 2 – 4 weeks for delivery depending on your date of entry and your location. You acknowledge that if You must register for the Event on or before 11:59pm on Saturday September 28th, 2019 and select to pay for postage for Your Event race bib will be posted to You. If You enter the Event from 12:00am on Sunday 29th2019 onwards, You will be required to pick up/collect Your Event race bib from the Event race station prior to the commencement of the Event. All international entrants are required to collect their race bib from the Event race station prior to the commencement of the Event, as no postage is offered for international participants.