In honour of International CJD Awareness Day on Friday 12th November 2021, we encourage you to promote awareness of prion disease (CJD) in the community, organise a local or virtual event as part of ‘CJD Fun Run’ on Friday 12th November or during the weekend of 13th/14th November and/or join our CJD Fun Run fundraising campaign during the month of November to raise funds for prion disease research in Australia.
What you can do to promote awareness of prion disease (CJD):
- Promote awareness on Friday 12th November by wearing orange or an awareness ribbon. Educate someone new about CJD. For awareness products visit our shop CJDSGN shop
- Plan an event for Friday 12th November or during the weekend of 13th, 14th November 2021 – Register below to create an individual or team event and to let us know about your event.
- Create a fundraiser as a team or individual to raise funds for research into prion disease in Australia during the month of November and be a part of our leader board challenge. To join our 2021 CJD Fun Run fundraising campaign or donate, click here: 2021 CJD Fun Run
Register your Awareness Event
Some event suggestions are:
- Create a group with family and friends or participate as an individual.
- Organise a 2km, 5km or 10km walk or run and invite your local community to join you on this day.
- Meet in a local park with family and friends and invite some neighbours.
- Organise a BBQ for family and friends.
- Hold a Zoom meeting with family and friends to acknowledge International CJD Awareness Day.
- Create your event as an individual fundraiser- dye or cut your hair, hold a morning tea, sell CJD Awareness products at work or in your community.
Please be aware of local Covid restrictions.
Share your photos on social media with the #CJDAwarenessAus