- From La Trobe University- ‘Living’ brain slices reveal how nerve cells die
- Prion protein found in skin of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease patients: NIH/Case Western Reserve University
- Research article regarding Jewish New Year fruit from Neurobiology of Disease Volume 108, Issue null, Pages 140-147:
Continues administration of Nano-PSO significantly increased survival of genetic CJD mice, Orli Binyamin, Guy Keller, Kati Frid, Liraz Larush, Shlomo Magdassi, Ruth Gabizon
- Article from The Times of Israel –Jewish New Year fruit may hold seeds of hope for brain disease sufferers
- Tedx Talk- Dr. Valerie Sim, how her curiosity brought her to discover a new way to bring science to a deeper level.
- A new article on Doxycline which we understand was found to be ineffective in prolonging life with CJD patients after several trails. Deana Simpson and I as co-chairs of the CJD International Support Alliance (CJDISA) will ask Professor Inga Zerr, who is a member of the Friends and Advisors Group of the CJDISA for an update. The full article can be found here: Doxycycline: bringing hope for early sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease patients
- Paper published by Eric Minikel and Sonia Vallabh: Quantifying prion disease penetrance using large population control cohorts.
Lay Versions: CureFFI.org: Does This Mean I’ll Definitely Get The Disease? CureFFI.org: Q&A on genetic prion disease risk
2015 & prior
- Dr Brian Appleby from Cleveland USA has provided the first summary which discusses the paper mentioned in the article How Do Prions Kill Brain Cells?
- Professor Will has provided the follow comments for which we are very grateful. We hope this helps reduce any misinterpretation surrounding iatrogenic and sporadic CJD while still maintaining an open mind to all research. New research: sporadic type of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (mad cow) results from surgery